September 28, 2016

And, so, I kept breathing


I struggle with depression on a weekly basis.  Some days are better than others.  This has been a 'thing' in my life, a burden I have had since I was about 15.  And even though there are really dark moments in my life, I have found HOPE - Jesus Christ.  Without Him, I would have ended my life a long time ago.  

I love what Paul has to say about this life with all of its pain and struggle: 


Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
(2 Corinthians 4:16-18) 

God has been at work in my life despite this struggle, and the more I allow Him to lead and guide and love me, the smaller the cloud becomes.  His sun shines no matter what kind of day, and His light pierces through the deepest darkness and the thickest confusion.  My part in the story is to accept His love and walk with Him on this journey.  This is a daily decision; an act of our will to obey and be loved. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post, Abby! It inspired me. ♥
    God bless you!
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, S.F. for your kind words!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing!