October 9, 2015

25 Things

In less than 6 months, I will be 26 (which feels wayyyy closer to 30 than 25, but I digress), and as I have looked back at this year, I thought I would share 25 things I have learned in the last 10 months.

So, 25 things:



  1. Gratitude is super important, key to real Joy, and the oil of life
  2. Traveling is fun and there are lots of free adventures to be had, just be curious
  3. Staying in shape now is kinda essential to a good quality of life later on
  4. There is more to life than entertainment
  5. Family relationships are a priority
  6. God cares about even the smallest things in my life
  7. Faithful, godly friends are few and far between, so value them and invest time in those friendships
  8. Worship is not just a Sunday morning activity but a daily calling
  9. Study the bible to know it, but more than that, to believe it
  10. Books are still a good way to learn new things
  11. Challenges are not always a bad thing
  12. Hard work is good
  13. Baseball is still fun to watch and play
  14. Babies are a huge responsibility and blessing
  15. Adulthood isn't as bad as some people want me to believe
  16. Weddings are a great place to meet new people, and have a good time
  17. Sunrises and sunsets are not appreciated enough
  18. Trusting God doesn't come easy, but it's a must
  19. Honoring  parents DOES get easier the older I get
  20. Home cooked meals are so much more delicious than restaurant food
  21. Volleyball is my favorite sport besides baseball
  22. Working with teenagers is exhausting, but rewarding and fun
  23. Being an aunt rocks
  24. Learning to take joy in keeping a tidy house makes the job easier
  25. Making friends with older people adds a wealth of wisdom and perspective to my life.  They are a real joy to be around as well.  

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge, Abby!
    May God bless you as you bless others. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I had fun thinking back over these last 10 months and all that has happened to me... even though I wasn't 25 just yet. ;)

      God bless you too, S.F. and thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. Hullo, Abby!
    I hope your November has been lovely so far. :)

    You've been nominated for the "12 Days of Thanksgiving" tag!
    Here's the link: http://on-solid-ground-sf.blogspot.com/2015/11/the-12-days-of-thanksgiving.html

    Love, S. F.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing!