February 10, 2015

The Blogger Recognition Award

My blog friend (and now pen-pal!) S. F. (from On Solid Ground) has awarded me with the Blogger Recognition Award - thank you S. F.!  



The rules for the award are. . .

 •Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blog. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.



  •Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you've nominated in the post.  


  •Make sure to attach the award itself! (You can do this by right clicking, saving, and uploading the image attached)




  •Comment on each blog and let them know you've nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.




  •Provide a link to the original post on Edge Of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and so we can keep it from becoming confusing!
The Story of how my blog began:
  
Goes something like this... I had been blogging off and on since 2007, first on our family's blog, and then on my own blog with WordPress.  But, since my blog (Imprimis) was more of a platform for my intellectual ramblings, I decided I would begin a more personal web-journal, here on Blogger.  So, I began blogging at my new place on July 1, 2010 and haven't looked back since.  My journey has been one filled with excitement, longing, discovery, and great change.  In the past four and a half years, I have covered a host of topics, from the mundane to the important, and everything in between, and even though I still don't share a ton of personal stuff on here, I have opened up a lot about what God has been teaching me.  
For me, blogging is one way I get my writing bug satisfied - I LOVE to write, and even though I am not especially talented, I still enjoy bringing my thoughts to the page, and sharing them with the world in this journalistic format.  
Some advice to fellow bloggers 
Writing a blog can be great fun, and will connect you with a specific audience, depending upon the topic you choose to address.  I have made friends and acquaintances through this medium, and have experienced the joy of having my writing recognized by other bloggers.  There are days when you will want to throw in the towel, but don't - keep writing, and that block will be hurdled.  We all have stories to share with the world, so never think that what you have to say is not worth sharing, because there will always be an audience for what you have to say, so write! 
I nominate: 
Well, I really won't nominate anyone, but I will share a few of my favorite blogs that are totally worthwhile: 
Paper-Bark Burch \\ Sarah Jo
Bonfire Hearts \\ Johanna Grace
A Holy Experience \\ Ann Voskamp 
Quest for Inner Beauty \\ Allison Christine 

 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for answering the questions, Abby! I love your answers. :) And thank you for sharing the link to those blogs--they look amazing!
    Love ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! Thank you, S.F. for giving me the award. I am glad you enjoyed the answers. I had fun thinking about what I would say.

      Those blogs are all wonderful, so check them out. :)

      Delete

Thank you for sharing!