February 17, 2015

IF: Equip - Hebrews

I am really excited about this newest Bible study, with IF: Equip.  It is exploring the book of Hebrews, and I have already gleaned some new insights, and some old things have also been brought to light, just on the first day of the study!  If you want to join in, you can do so by clicking here.

______________________

"He is the radiance of the glory of God the exact imprint of His nature, and He upholds the universe by the word of His power."  Hebrews 1:3 

God used men, appointed to carry out His plan, as messengers, to spread the good news. But, He also spoke through Jesus (v. 1)

Jesus is the radiance of God's glory; the exact imprint of His nature (this speaks to the divinity / deity of Jesus that some folks have an issue with), whose words are powerful.  He is the Word. (v. 3)

Jesus made purification for the sins of the world, past, present, and future through His atoning death. He now sits on high, with His Father. (v. 3)

He is greater than the Angels, His messengers. His throne is forever and ever. (v. 4, 8-9)

God is the Creator, who laid the foundations of the earth, at its beginning, and formed the heavens with His hands.  They will pass away, but God, You remain. (v. 10-12)

Angels are "ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation." (v. 14)

Q: How do you fight to believe Jesus is the greatest?  (A side-note: one of the main themes of Hebrews is the supremacy of Jesus Christ, over and above anything or anyone offered before God as a sacrifice).

A: When I doubt, I remember that the Word of God, the Bible shows me the Truth.  When I immerse myself in its depths, my faith is renewed, made stronger, built up; and I am again rejoiced to be called a Believer of the Way, because all other ways lead to death.  And I am humbled, because God in His kindness and mercy led me to the Way marked "Life," and His Spirit guides and feeds me along this path.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!