|Me at 15 and 24.5|
Next year, I will be 25, a whole decade will have passed since my 15th birthday - which both frightens me and excites me, because even though I enjoyed my "teen" years, I am glad they are over.
I want to share several things that I have learned in the years since my 15th birthday:
- God is the most important relationship in your life, so spend more time praying, reading the Word, and memorizing scripture.
- Your parents and siblings love you, no matter what you do, or say, so treat them with unconditional love, and patience.
- Show affection to those who care about you
- School is important, so focus on your studies while you are still young, and your brain and life aren't overflowing with stuff
- Good friendships are worth developing, and waiting for, because whoever you hang with will effect your worldview ("The righteous should choose his friends carefully,
- Sin is serious, so treat it as a deadly plant whose roots need to be constantly removed from your heart
Let no one despise your youth,
but be an example to the believers in word,
in conduct, in love, in spirit,
in faith, in purity
I Timothy 4:12