August 14, 2014

Falls Creek 2014 pt. 2


On the way out Saturday morning, I snapped this picture of the fossil-laden rock near the road.  I'm sure it would be interesting to go and take a closer look at the Davis mountains, geologically speaking. ;)


You could see for miles, and had it been a clear day, I'm sure it would have been all the more spectacular. 


An old barn near our friends farm in Perkins, OK.  


The Cimmaron river (I believe)


Pretty little Perkins 

Those are all the pictures I am going to post, as I didn't take any others that trip.  But I would like to share with you some thoughts from my week of camp.

This was my first time ever, to attend youth camp.  I didn't grow up going to camp each summer, unlike a lot of kids in our society.  I'm glad that I got to go this year, for two reasons: firstly, because there were kids from our church attending, and I saw it as an opportunity to connect with them over a period of several days, since I really don't speak with them much outside of Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights.  And secondly, because I was looking forward to being fed, to experiencing a time of spiritual and physical renewal after a long, hard year, full of changes. 

I think the high-light of my week were the times of worship.  I enjoyed the music, it was meaningful, but I think it was more so because I was able to be a part of the congregation, which is not something I get to do on Sunday's since I am on the worship team at my church.  

I also was challenged each time we had our small groups, because I was co-leader, and as such, I had to be prepared to answer questions, and have discussions which stretched me and my knowledge of the Bible.  The first night, I had the opportunity to share my testimony with the girls in my group, which was a great experience.  I would love to do that again.  

All in all, I would have to say that my week at camp was great!  I hope that I will get to go again as a sponsor and leader, because I was pushed out of my comfort zone, and learned so much not just from the lessons, but from the kids I was there to help.   

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful camp, I am sure. :) It was so nice to read what you learned there. And I hope you are able to go again!
    ~ S. F.
    ps.--those pictures...oooo....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is.

      Thank you! I wish I had been able to better convey all the lessons I learned there. I hope so as too. :) And it was a real pleasure to document the week through photographs.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing!