June 7, 2014

Flora and fauna

I am not especially gifted when it comes to photography (I usually defer to one of my sisters in that department...), but from time to time I will pick up the camera and saunter about the area snapping close-ups of flowers, plants, cats, people, etc.  I did just that the other night and here are a few of the pictures from my exploits.
The reading tree

A field of color 
The clover is so invitingly soft 

Evening Primrose - such a dainty beauty

The moth landed just in time to be in the picture

Daisy 

... I have learned To look on nature, not as in the hour Of thoughtless youth; 
but hearing often-times 
The still, sad music of humanity, Nor harsh, nor grating, though of ample power 
To chasten and subdue. 
William Wordsworth

2 comments:

  1. Ooo! Ooo! Wow. Those are gorgeous images, Abby! I especially like 1, 3 and 8. Beautiful!
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I had such fun taking them. :)

      Delete

Thank you for sharing!