April 12, 2014

Liebster award (from On Solid Ground)

Sooooo, I was awarded the Liebster Award, from my friend over at On Solid Ground (also, my best comment-er!).


Apparently, I have to answer these 11 questions, and then award someone else... is it alright with you S.F. if I just answer the questions and leave it at that? ;)

1. Given the chance to go anywhere else at the moment then where you are now, where would you go?  Germany... to see my family and spend several months re-tracing the footsteps of a huge hero of mine: Dietrich Bonhoeffer. 

2. Favourite colour? Blue

3. If the situation called for it, would you call the police, a detective, or rely on yourself? Mhm, interesting question... depending upon the situation, I might do all three. 


4. What's the most serious injury you've had? Either the time I had a serious cut on my right hand, pointer finger (deeeep cut), or the two times I have badly jammed my thumb.  Beyond that, not anything amazing or breathtakingly bad. Praise God! 

5. Washing dishes or doing the laundry? Both. 

6. Are you gifted with the art of drawing? Only architectural, and very rarely. 

7. What piece of poetry do you enjoy most? I very seldomly read poetry, but probably Richard Lovelace's "Off to the English Civil War" - simply because of the brilliance with which it is delivered in the film Gods & Generals.  

8. Someone (you know this person) says that right then and there you can go swimming in the ocean-to the bottom of it, if you wish,-or fly, which will you choose?  Fly - I have always admired birds, especially birds of prey, with their majestic flight.  

9. Talkative or shy? Both depending upon who I am with, and the situation.  I am a first-rate talker most of the time. 

10. If you are a photographer, what is one of your favourite pictures you've taken?  Any of my pictures from my instagram feed, simply because they capture the ordinary, every day-ness and beauty of life. 

11. Everyone must have a "dream pet" (a dragon, a peacock), what is yours? An owl or a penguin.  

Thank you, S.F. for these lovely questions... I will refrain from awarding anyone else, but it was a fun activity and an honor, so thank you! <3 i="">

3 comments:

  1. Aw, thank you so much for doing this! It is of course alright for not awarding others. :) I do agree with wanting to fly!
    Thank you again, Abby!

    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet! Thank you for allowing me the chance to do it. :) Haha, yes. A rather strange desire, but I have always been fascinated with flight.

      <3 You are so welcome.

      Delete
    2. Me too! Watching flying birds inspires me to rise higher from my trials. :)

      ~ S. F.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing!