January 22, 2014

Blog silence

As you can tell, blogging hasn't been one of my top priorities lately. 

What a busy and eventful holiday season we had!  We celebrated with both sides of our family, an unusual occurrance.  And since my sister and I were in charge of planning most of the events relating to our mom's side of the family's get together, we were swamped for the first part of December.

Christmas day was spent with my dad's family (some of it) in Dallas at my eldest brother's house.  I was getting over the flu (had it for 5 hours on Christmas eve) and feeling tired, but we the rest of the family had a lovely time, as I did after that day. It felt so good to be with Grandma, at her house, just like old times.

And of course, we had various church events filling our calendar the rest of December.  So we stayed busy all month long. 

New Year's day we went to Lake Murray with some friends from church, to hike and just enjoy the beauty of nature.  It was an unseasonably warm day - in the upper 60s and sunny, which made for a very pleasant day out-of-doors.  We hope to go back and camp at Lake Murray sometime this summer. 

New Year's eve and half of New Year's day, my eldest brother and our cousin and his girlfriend, came up to ring in the new year with fire works.  Since we live in the country, we are able to do fun things like that.  It was terrific watching the brilliant and colorful display, and just being together.  We drank sparkling cider and had oatmeal raisin cookies. 

Now that January is more than half way over, I am looking to the days ahead, and praying about what God would have me do with the rest of this year. 

Here's to a Happy and Joyful 2014, friends!!!!! 

“Come, let us return to the Lord;
    for he has torn us, that he may heal us;
    he has struck us down, and he will bind us up.
After two days he will revive us;
    on the third day he will raise us up,
    that we may live before him. 
 Let us know; let us press on to know the Lord;
    his going out is sure as the dawn;
he will come to us as the showers,
    as the spring rains that water the earth.”
Hosea 6:1-3 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You've posted. I'm so glad--I've missed you're posts a lot!
    And I love that scripture.
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you're so kind. I've missed not posting here, but we have been wildly busy with all of the holidays. Now that it's the new year, we are slowing down, a bit. But we have a wedding to get ready for in just a few weeks. :)

      Yes. It is one I cling to and remind myself of frequently. <3

      Delete

Thank you for sharing!