September 20, 2013

Heart ponderings

Soft rain patters off my window pane, and a gentle breeze brushes my cheeks. The grey sky threatens to burst open any moment, in torrents of wonderous rainfall.

As I sit here pondering all that is my life, I am reminded by the little things that most days, go un-noticed.

Birds chirping. Cows lowing. Cars whizzing. Jaden calling.

Each of these play a part in who I am. How I tick.

It's always good to slow down and drink in the myriad of ways God speaks to my heart. To truly be still... and know that He *is* God.

Reflection.

Something I am trying to master.

I suppose that is one of the reasons I keep a daily journal. It helps me to keep things in perspective. To recount blessings, joys and sorrows. A place to record prayers and go back to see how they were answered.

And in these moments of quiet, I feel closer to God.  And I can really say that no lesson He gives is too small or too precious for me to embrace. Even if painful, or unclear.

There is always a purpose to what He gives. Always.

That is something I am trying to learn as I watch many dear friends and family members walk into a new season of life,  or begin a new adventure.

Can I still be useful to You God?  Do You still have a plan for me?

And as the rain gets harder, my heart feels lighter,  because I am sure He cares,  He knows,  He does direct.  Even when it seems like today is the same as a hundred days previous.  I must be faithful,  while I work and wait.

--------------
"Who can utter the mighty acts of the LORD?
Who can endure all His  praise?
Blessed are those who keep justice,
And he who does righteousness at all times!

Psalm 106:2-3

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Abby! It's so calm and inspiring. You have great talent!
    Love ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Sometimes I feel as though I ramble on and on, not making much sense to anyone but myself. So I am glad that you were blessed by thos post. :)

      Delete

Thank you for sharing!