September 4, 2013

It's been too long...

My blog has been silent far too long, not that it can speak, but I haven't updated it in quite a while.

Reason being: I moved out of state about a month ago, and have thus, been in the process of settling into a new life, new church, new friends, new activities and ministry opportunities, etc.

It's all been a bit overwhelming.  But in a good way.

I can't wait until we get internet access out at our new house, so I can share the multiplicity of blessings God has graciously showered on my family and me.

It. Is. Awesome.

Let me just say this:

If God asks you to leave everything you have known your entire life; to give up one ministry opportunity for dozens of others; to leave the friendships that were so dear; to say goodbye to family you love.  If He asks you to jump off a cliff of faith, as it were, to the unknown - don't be afraid.  Do it.

That's basically what I've done.  And I can't say that I've regretted that decision.

Sure, I've cried because I miss my friends dreadfully.  But I have new friends who lift me up. And there are other things I miss, but those are petty and shallow compared with what I have been given.  God has been so real to me throughout this process and I wouldn't trade that for the world.

Not even for my old life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am blessed beyond measure.

Abby




8 comments:

  1. I hope all is going well with you today! I know how it feels, to move and not have things be the same, but all will go well, I know it. Hope we can be friends!
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you S.F. for the lovely comment and encouraging words. I look forwad to interacting with you on my blog in the future.

      God bless you! :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, I do too. A lot! :D

      Delete
    3. You're comments have me most curious as to who you are. :)

      Delete
    4. :) I'm about to get my blog set up! *fingers crossed* and you can learn more about me.
      And don't worry, I'm a girl:D
      ~ S. F.

      Delete
    5. Yay! That will be fun to "see" who you are. ;)

      Hahah, I wasn't worried.

      Delete
    6. I have a blog! Sorry it's taken so long. :) Hope you like it!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing!