April 22, 2013

The Christianity Club {Re-blogged}


Jesus told the Pharisees that he came not for the healthy but for the sick, and I knew that I was the kind of person he was talking about.
I was dirty in that moment – impossibly messy. I was tangled and frantic and the last person you want sitting next to you at a dinner party. I needed help in the worst possible way and was far too exhausted to notice that my shiny facade was now smeared with runny mascara.
The only thing holding me up in that moment was Jesus – and I understood him for the first time, all over again.
He he sat down in the thick of the mess with me and took my hand. He didn’t try to clean me up or make me presentable – he didn’t even try to fix me. He just sat there with me. It was that moment on my bed when something cracked.

That is so me at times recently.  Life is tough, and sometimes there is nothing to cling to except Jesus.  No answers.  No reasons for what is happening.  Life is hard to figure out, and more often than not, I am left scratching my head in bewilderment. 

But....

When life is messy and doesn't make sense, the best thing I can do, is turn everything and everyone else off, and just talk / or listen, to Jesus.  I find Truth and healing in Him.  Truth and healing I will not find anywhere else!

 ------

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. 
No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 14:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!