February 15, 2013

I don't wait anymore {Re-blogged}


When I was 16, I got a purity ring.
And when I was 25, I took it off.
I didn’t tell anyone I was doing it — it wasn’t a statement or an emotional thing. I just slipped it off my finger that day and, before tucking it away in a box, ran my finger around the words on the familiar gold band.
“True Love Waits.” Waits.
What’s it “waiting” for, anyway?
--------------------------------------

Thus begins a thought provoking article by a thoughtful young woman, who has, as I have, experienced the whole "waiting for prince charming to come" mindset, and rejected the notion that single young women, should wait.

What about using our single years to cultivate a deeper relationship with Jesus?   What about serving others in our communities, in Christ's name?  What about gaining a better understanding of God's word?  What about pursuing the gifts God has given us?

Our lives, as single women, should not be wrapped up in waiting for the perfect man.  Because, honestly, he may never come.  Our time should instead, be used to revel in the fact that if we are in Christ, we already have the perfect One in our lives.  We need to learn to rest in His presence.  Learn to treasure His love, His favor, His esteem. 

I am done waiting.  Because I have found the One whom my soul loves... Jesus!

"My beloved is mine, and I am his."  Song of Songs 2:16
----------------------------

I hope that you'll take a few minutes to read her article, and see her heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!