IDOLS - Items. Duties. Others. Longings. Suffereings.
- You live in fear that your identity idolatry will fail you or be taken from you.
- Your identity idolatry crumbles under the weight of being in God's place in your life.
- As your identity idolatry begins to crumble you become panicked.
- When your identity idolatry fails, you look for someone to blame (self, others, God).
- Turn to Jesus Christ for a new eternal identity
- Or, sadly pick a new identity idolatry
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.II Corinthians 5:17