December 21, 2012

Jaden is 10!!

Wow!  Do you you know how old that makes me feel?


I was a mere 12.5 when Jaden arrived in our family, and I thought I was so grown up.  Pssh, what was I thinking?

Anyway, this post is not about me, but about my darling baby brother, who just crossed over into the double-digits.  Sheesh!

Things that I remember about his birthday:

  • It wasn't cold.  Even though he was born 6 days before Christmas, it was a balmy, humid late fall day and I was raking leaves with my siblings, at one of the boys' lawn customers.  
  • Grandpa and Grandma Kautt came up from Dallas to hang out with the five Kautt kids.  We went to Chic-fil-a and had their classic chicken sandwiches and waffle fries, we played on their indoor playground (yes I was still that small), and then we went to Albertson's to pick up flowers for Mom.
  • On the way home from the grocery store, Grandpa was so excited about having a new grandson, that he drove past our street in his excitement.  He had to back up to our road. 
  • I gave Jaden his first bath and got to dress him, because I had won a guessing game we had as a family, about what day he would be born, how much he would weigh, and how long he would be.  I guessed Dec. 17th.  I don't remember the other guesses.
  • I was wearing my Hello Kitty overalls and my sparkly pink heart shirt.  
  • Dad gingerly brought a fresh Jaden out to meet his siblings a few short minutes after his arrival.  I was beyond excited to meet my newest sibling!! 
  • I almost attended his birth, but Mom later told me that she was glad I hadn't due to some complications with Jaden's delivery.  That would have been a fun experience. :) 
  • It was late in the evening (he was born at 8:37 p.m.)
  • I remember how long and skinny he looked.  He was 23'' in length, and weighed 9lbs. 5 oz.  The biggest Kautt baby. 
The rest is a blur.  I was too excited to remember much.  Thank God we took pictures that night.  

-------


Jaden has grown and matured so much this year.  He is now 56'' tall, which is more than 2/3 my height... oh dear. I think he'll be a tall guy. 

A few things I love about Jaden: 

- His caring ways and love for his family
- How he has such an active, creative mind teeming with ideas
- His soft heart and willingness to be corrected
- His smile cheesy and huge and how it makes my heart smile
- His ambition and drive
- His faithfulness
- His energy and spirit
- His willingness to learn
- His potential to do great things

There are WAY too many aspects of Jaden I could write about, these are just a few.  I know that Jesus has great things for his life, and has set out a course that He will direct Jaden on.

I love you Jaden and I am so very thankful for your life.  Keep looking to Jesus, the Author and Finisher of your faith buddy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!