October 13, 2012

It's the simple things



It's another lovely early Fall day, and I'm once again at the park.  Surrounded by chirping birds, buzzing cars and thundering planes.  As I sit here, joggers move quickly past, and those who've chosen walking as their form of exercise, meander slowly by.  Locusts pulse out their harmonic vibrations, and the water in the stream gracefully eases its way downstream.

I love relative solitude.  Because when I'm alone, my heart can truly be heard and pours itself out on my page.  Expressing its deepest thoughts and feelings.  And though I love my family dearly, sometimes it seems almost impossible to gather ones thoughts in a house swarming with activity. 


So I choose to come here, and sit alone on a swing, to process what happened yesterday, and plan for today, tomorrow, the day after.  And to read and study God's gift to mankind: Holy Scripture, or a book I need to complete. 


And of course, I reflect on all of God's many kindnesses, and how truly faithful He is, despite my letting Him down, daily.  


This is my sanctuary, where I steal away and spend time with my Jesus.



Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not. 
 They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness. 
 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I hope in Him!”

Lamentations  3:22-24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!