May 8, 2012

Do you ever worry?



I know it says in the Bible we're not supposed to worry.  And for me, worry has never really been an issue.  

True, sometimes I would have moments of anxiety, or "what ifs" - but generally speaking, I have felt secure in the love of my Jesus, my parents, and siblings.  

And I never really thought about my Dad's job.  I don't really remember every really worrying about him losing it, or our lives changing from what they were. 

Until this past weekend, that is...

-----

Recently our family has experienced a life change.  After 21 years of faithful service at a local congregation, Dad resigned his position.  It's a long and complicated story, full of pain, heartache and regrets, but in the end Truth won out and our family left the congregation. 

In my 22 years of life, I have moved twice.  When I was a brand new one-year-old we moved to the city where I currently reside.  And then 11 years ago, when we out-grew our old house, we moved across town to the house I am sitting in now.  

Stability has been something I have taken for granted, and also known as a deep blessing.  I have grown up in the same city since I was one, been near both sets of grandparents, aunts, uncles, countless cousins.  Have made many friends, and lasting friendships have blossomed because of stability. 

The plan is for us to stay in the area, because my Grandma needs our help, and so do my mom's parents, and we feel it would be running away from God's desires for us to leave the area.  

Our roots here are DEEP.  The pain of pulling them up will be felt, greatly.  In some ways we are already feeling it.  As we disassemble our gardens, and make plans to give away the chickens, as we clean out the garage, the attic, and start deciding which pieces of furniture we should keep, and boxes start to pile up in the blueroom.  

It seems unreal.  Yet, there is no denying the truth of the situation. 

We serve an incredible God.  The God who comforts our hearts. Who strengthens our faith by sending us trials and tests.  A God who never changes, and whose love for us is so real that He sent His one and only beloved Son to die for our sins.  

I am in awe of all that.  And I know that our family is resting in those promises, those truths. 

The love and support our family has felt in the last few days, and the days and weeks leading up to this decision is so deep, so real, so rich.  

We are blessed.

Thank you for your prayers, your calls, your visits, dear friends - they mean so much to our family. 

And, we are not worrying through this ordeal.  We know that God has something greater, something meaningful, something for our whole family to accomplish.  Praise Jesus! 

God is good, and His will for us is not clear at this point, but we are willing to step out in faith, knowing that His hand will be there to catch us and steer us in the right direction. 

Because of Christ, we can, and we will follow Him wherever He leads us.  

-----
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord. - I Corinthians 15:58

xx abby

6 comments:

  1. (((Hugs))) I'm excited to see what the Lord has for y'all.

    A suggestion: The font on your blog is very light and small. Can you make it bigger and a little darker for my poor aging eyes? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the hugs! I am too. :)

    I just fixed the blog post, hopefully you can read it more easily now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you absolutely have to move from your house? I don't understand why your father is the only one in the family that can draw an income. Seems like your entire family has talents that people would gladly pay for. I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To answer your question Karen, yes we do have to move out of this house because it is the church parsonage. Actually, my father is not the only one who draws an income. My brothers both have full time jobs (one of them is a small-business owner), and my sister and I work as nannys. So, really there are 5 of us "bringing home the bacon" as it were. :)

    Haha! I guess that is the case, and we do to a certain extent. Our real dream is for all of us to work together in a family business.

    Thank you for the prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you!Sir Matthew Hale a jurist stated “ There is no book like the Bible for excellent wisdom and use.” Deuteronomy 6:12 Then beware lest thou forget the LORD…

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you @Savories of Life!

    Those are encouraging and frightful reminders, I appreciate them both. :)

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing!