November 2, 2011

It's been a while...

Wow have I gotten bad about blogging.  My life seems to be totally out-of-this-world cah-ra-zy!

Not in a bad way, mind you, but still, a lot more hectic than I'd prefer.

I always picture the year as being a snow-ball - starts off small, and by the end of the year as it hurls faster and faster downhill, an ever increasing giant of a ball, collecting as many things before the 365 day period, we call a year, is complete.

So I am working a lot.  Not just for my main family, but for a couple others as well.  Even though I'm not working "full-time" 5 days a week, 9-5, etc., I have 11 days of work already set up for the end of last month through the end of this month.  Thankfully, they are pretty spaced out. :)  Last month I worked about 20 days. 

And besides work, my family has been helping with the care of my great-grandmother, who suffered a stroke about 7 weeks ago.  She is doing better, and where she belongs - in her daughter's house, under her loving care and supervision.  That means our family is living in two places these days, here and there.  Makes for an interesting, complicated life.

The weather is changing.  Fall is finally here, and I am glad.  Summer was just so long, and hot.  Now the sky is cloudy, the breeze is a bit chilly, and the trees are beginning to turn.  I love this season, even though it is getting darker earlier.

Our family is hoping to attend the National Missionary Convention, being held in Atlanta this year.  That will be the week before Thanksgiving, and we are looking forward to traveling a bit, and taking in this convention.  Our family really needs a break from the hectic life we've lived most of this year.  Our uncle is coming in from Germany to attend with us, and we will have a blast with him as usual.  Plus, we are hoping to meet up with some friends who live in that part of the country. Our ministry has a booth, and we pray that it will be a success.  So does our uncle.  So if you are in Atlanta between Nov. 17-20, stop by!

I have been reading through the book of First John, in the New Testament.  So many valuable lessons to be derived, and applied.  Powerful.  Convicting.

I am looking forward to Christmas this year.  Most especially because it is our year to get together with Mom's side of the family and have a big weekend of fun.  We are planning on being at a Christian camp for a few days, relaxing, catching up with family, eating good food, playing games, listening to music, looking at pictures.  I'm sure there will be a big group this year.  There was in 2009, and we've had a couple of additions to the family since that time.

Tonight is bible study, and I have laundry to catch up on before I leave. 

That's a bit about my life, for now. :) 

2 comments:

  1. The snowball is a good illustration of my life too. The last part of the year seems to speed by so quickly!
    I hope you will get a much needed break and enjoy the convention...is your family German then? (realizing that Kautt *might* be a German name)must be neat to have relatives in another country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! That's what I always feel.

    Thank you! Yes, my paternal great-grandfather and grand-mother came from a little village outside of Tubingen, Germany in the 1920s. So my father is half German, and I have family members who still reside in that little village and in Tubingen. My father visited his brother, sister-in-law, and their congregation at Christmas time 2009. I am hoping to visit Germany sometime in the NEAR ;) future.

    It is very neat having an international family. I also have family in Japan!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing!