February 24, 2011

Tenth Avenue North

When I first heard their song "Healing Begins" last year, I was blown away by the sound of the band, but more importantly, by the depth of their lyrics. 

Since then I have come to love several of their songs including:
~You are More
~Strong Enough to Save
~Hold my Heart
~By Your Side

Their music is kinda "punk-rock" but with big acoustic guitar sections.  And I am not saying that this style is necessarily good, but I do think bands like Tenth Avenue North and Casting Crowns have touched a nerve with my generation - their songs have substance!

The lyrics are based upon good theology, and not on some cheesy or self-centered "gospel" message which only ensnares and enslaves.  Deep.  That is a word I like to use when describing their music.  There is a certain depth to what they are singing about. And they are willing to discuss topics that are "untouchable" to so many other bands.

And did I mention that their videos aren't all about them?  They have a great YouTube channel full of updates, and vlogs on their songs, but it's not "me" focused.  I admire that.  Here is one of my favorite examples of this.

Enjoy the music!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing!