November 30, 2010

Sewing project, done.

Way back in the summer, I began creating a denim skirt for my own use.  I wanted it to be full enough where I could run and climb and play ball in it comfortably.  Then we had our church’s VBS, our long-planned for family vacation, school shopping, the resuming of the school year, and still my half-finished skirt lay miserably undone.

The finished product
The finished product

Sometime in October Mom suggested that we work to complete my skirt, as I was in need of some clothing.  I reluctantly agreed.  Sewing is not “my cup of tea” as it were, though I understand its value.

The chosen pattern
The chosen pattern

We began again to sew on this project, and after many starts and stops, I put the final stitches into the waist-band last night!  Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I have also been working off and on on a skirt for myself for the past . . . long time, and now have only to hem it and be done. A very delightful feeling! Is your skirt denim?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allison! I've only worn it once, but it seems like its going to do nicely.

    Yes, my skirt is denim.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing!